The EVAS® SystemA fully, self-contained visibility unit ensuring pilot's continuous vision in smoke-filled cockpit
The Emergency Vision Assurance System (EVAS®) in actionDuring an inﬂight smoke-in-the-cockpit emergency, EVAS® provides emergency backupallowing the pilot to see and ﬂy the aircraft to a safe landing.
CASP Aerospace is a reseller of the VisionSafe Emergency Vision Assurance System (EVAS®), a fully, self-contained visibility unit that ensures a pilot's safe and continuous vision during a smoke-in-the-cockpit emergency.
During an inﬂight smoke-in-the-cockpit emergency, EVAS provides emergency backup allowing the pilot to see and ﬂy the aircraft to a safe landing, by providing a clear vision of basic instruments and ﬂight path.
EVAS displaces all smoke in the vision path – regardless of the density – by drawing in smoke, then ﬁltering it down to 0.3 microns and ﬁlling the customized Inﬂatable Vision Unit (IVU) with clean air. The IVU inﬂates between 30 and 60 life-saving seconds, with one lobe above and one below the glare shield.
An EVAS-protected aircraft can be ﬂown no matter how much smoke gets in the cockpit, as the device is independent of aircraft power, relying on a self-contained alkaline battery-power supply, pump and ﬁlters in each storage case.
- Displaces all smoke in the vision path regardless of density
- Provides clear vision of basic instruments and ﬂight path
- Allows for use of emergency checklists, nav. charts. etc.
- Recommended by FAA & other aviation authorities
- Compact: 3" x 8.5" x 10" (75mm x 215mm x 255 mm)
- Light weight: approx. 5.5 lbs (2.5 kg)
- 30 to 60 second deployment time
- Self-contained power supply
- Easy to install, 10-year warranty